- Dan Akroyd was a mail sorter for Canada’s national postal service.
- Jennifer Aniston was both a telemarketer and waitress before hitting it big.
- Halle Berry worked at Higbee’s Department store in the children’s department.
- Sandra Bullock worked as a bartender.
- Before his big break, country singer Kenny Chesney worked as a valet attendant, telemarketer and mail sorter.
- Chubby Checker plucked chickens at a poultry market named Henry Colt’s.
- Before Nirvana, the late Kurt Cobain worked as a janitor for Lemons Janitorial Service.
- Diddy was an intern at Uptown Records where he did grunt work like washing cars & fetching coffee.
- Bill Cosby shined shoes and sold produce when he was young.
- Simon Cowell started out as a mail room clerk for EMI Music Publishing where his father worked.
- Michael Dell washed dishes at a Chinese restaurant for $2.30 per hour.
- Danny DeVito was a formally trained hair stylist before his break on Taxi.
- Michael Douglas once worked as a gas station attendant.
- Tom Hanks once worked as a hotel bellman and carried bags for a number of celebs.
Remember when your parents or you as a parent asked “what do you want to be”? This seems like a great question. It starts you thinking about maybe being a fireman, a doctor, a policeman, a truck driver, etc… I want to change this common question around and instead ask … “What do you want your life to be like”? Do you want to drive to work for one hour then work for 10 hours, drive back home for one hour, find the time to make yourself a less then healthy quick meal, watch some TV and then sleep? The average parent is able to find less then 20 quality minutes to spend with their children every week. ONLY 20 MINUTES OF QUALITY TIME!!! This is because of the rate race system we live in combined with the accumulated inflation and current cost of living we have in today’s society. If you START with the END in mind and that ending is what you want your life to be like then you have to do the following;
1. Set goals that are obtainable and measurable
2. Be very specific
3. Then set a realistic date for their accomplishment.
4. Make sure that your goals are achievable so that you increase your opportunity to accomplish them.
5. Challenge yourself, think big.
Combine those 5 suggestions with an amazing Company, an amazing Product, an amazing Team and last but definitely not least an amazing System. C + P + T + S = an amazing Success.
What if you had complete control of your time? What if you could go on a 3 month vacation to anywhere in the world with your entire family and actually LIVE life instead of just existing? What if you lived in the home you really wanted on the property you always dreamed of (unless you are like most people and you have forgotten how to dream)? What if you could read a menu at a very nice restaurant from left to right instead of right to left? What if you didn’t have to think about time or money when someone came to you and needed your help? What if … what if … what if … you fill in the blanks.
Make the decision to START with the END in mind TODAY!
Watch this video and then ask yourself 2 questions; WHY… & … HOW?
Then ask yourself what is stopping you from jumping on this amazing speed train, rolling up your sleeves and getting FREE!
|—||Robert T. Kiyosaki; From his book “The Business of the 21st Century”|